1h · Fire Information for Thompson Ridge FireThe Thompson Ridge Fire is a lightning-caused fire that started Aug. 4, 2023, in the Beaver Ranger District, 11 miles Southeast of Beaver, Utah Currently, it is 250 acres (As of 9:15 pm on Aug 06, 2023)Firefighter safety is the number one concern, and the steep terrain and heavy snags make it a dangerous place to get into Currently, there is 1 - Type 6 Engine, the Tusher Mountain Wildland Fire Module, and 1 - Type 3 Helicopter with crew assigned to the firePlease go to utahfireinfo.gov for more information#thompsonridgefire #fishlakenationalforest
This is technically not for Garfield county but is valid for the surrounding counties so please be mindful of your location.
State of Utah
DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
Division of Forestry, Fire and State Lands
Fire Restriction Order (Stage 1)
Due to current and forecasted weather conditions coupled with the extremely dry vegetation
conditions in Southwest Utah, the State Forester, in consultation with the county commission of the
affected county, has determined that measures must be taken to prevent the ignition of forest and
rangeland fires. Therefore, pursuant to Utah State Law, Section 65A-8-212, the following acts are
prohibited in the areas described below until rescinded by the Utah State Forester:
1. No open fires of any kind except within established public facilities in improved
campgrounds, picnic areas. -OR- In permanently constructed fire pits at private homes where
running water is present.
2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle, trailer or building, a developed recreation site or
while stopped in an area that is paved or free from dry vegetation.
3. Discharging or using any fireworks, tracer ammunition or other pyrotechnic devices including
4. Cutting, welding or grinding metal in areas of dry vegetation.
5. Operating a motorcycle, chainsaw, ATV, or other small internal combustion engine without
an approved and working spark arrestor.
The following persons are exempted from the above prohibitions:
1. Persons with a permit or waiver issued by the Division, specifically authorizing a specified act
at a specific location. A waiver does not relieve the permittee of liability if a fire does occur.
2. Any on-duty firefighter in the performance of an official duty.
Area Description: All unincorporated private and all state lands within the following area: All of
Iron, Washington, and Beaver, Counties and lands below the Dixie National Forest Service
boundary in Kane County. This order does not affect private lands within incorporated towns or
Any of the above acts is a violation of state law and is punishable by up to 6 months in jail and a
fine of up to $1,000. These restrictions will be enforced by county law enforcement.
Effective Date: 12:01 a.m., 3rd day of July, 2023
Brett Ostler, State Fire Management Officer
Jamie Barnes, State Forester
1594 West North Temple, Suite 3520, PO Box 145703, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-5703